Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Products

People are always asking me either where I get the products that I use (bug spray, hand sanitizer, soap, lotion, essential oils) or what works for me.

When it comes to mosquitoes, I either use citronella essential oil or a rub on stick from Badger. Badger is a great company with good morals and a good reason for being in business.  The stick is a little pricey, but it works and I like the strong smell (probably because it doesn't smell fake).

When I pick the kids up from school, when they are leaving a store or after they help me play in the dirt, I use CleanWell Hand Sanitizer. They have spray in full and travel sizes, wipes and soaps. I love the smell and effectiveness and lack of chemicals in this product.

For buying hand soap, I am all over the place. I like Method, Trader Joe's brand, Simple Green and Burt's Bees. The only Method "flavor" that I like is "go naked", because it does not have artificial coloring and I don't really care for the pump (so I buy the refills and fill up other containers).  Trader Joe's smells good and is a great price. Simple Green is a nice mild smell and a huge container, Burt's Bees makes me smile because I love the smell, but it is a little more expensive.

I use a couple of sources for oils.  I get most of my essential oil from Swanson Vitamins and the rest of it from my local health food store. I use essential oil for everything, including: air freshener(grapefruit), bug spray(citronella), bath salts (lavender), headache relief (peppermint), freshen and clean bathroom(lemon & eucalyptus), rash relief and lice killer (tea tree), holiday scent (balsam) and there are many more

For most of the brands that I have mentioned, they have websites. Go to their site and sign up for their newsletter.  Many of them will offer you a discount, mail you a coupon or just let you know about sales and other good deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment